Michael Sheen accepts Vice Presidency of Port Talbot Town

« Older   Newer »
*Giagiola*
view post Posted on 1/7/2010, 19:13

CITAZIONE
Michael Sheen has accepted Vice Presidency of Port Talbot’s football team, Port Talbot Town.

In a recent news article, Manager Mark Jones says he wants his men, known as the Steelmen, to put Port Talbot on football’s map like Hollywood stars Michael Sheen and Sir Anthony Hopkins have done in the film world.

Michael was raised in Port Talbot from the age of eight and the Steelmen wrote to the 41-year-old movie star to offer him an honorary vice-presidency of the 109-year-old club.

“We got in touch with Michael Sheen and he accepted a vice-presidency of our club,” said Jones.

“Of course the club are very proud of Michael’s achievements and we were honoured he accepted our invitation.

“Now it is time for the club to make him proud of us.”

Welsh acting great Hopkins – star of Silence of the Lambs, Hamlet and Dracula – was born in Port Talbot, whose football team qualified for Europe for the first time in their 109-year history last season.

“There are no film stars in this squad,” joked Jones. “But I hope there are some football heroes.

“Michael Sheen was brilliant as Brian Clough in the Damned United but, if he asks, I wouldn’t let him do a Cloughie team-talk as I am a Leeds United fan!”

Jones will lead his Steelmen into European battle against Finnish side TPS Turku on Thursday hoping to claim a European scalp.

Thanks to michael-sheen.co.uk

0 replies since 1/7/2010, 19:13   45 views